Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Mortal Instruments

A friend loaned me the first three books of the Mortal Instruments series last week and I must say, I'm totally hooked! These books are fantastic! I love the story line and the characters are well written and believable. These books may become my new obsession. So far, I've completed reading the first two books and am nearly done with the third. The only problem with these books is that once you finish one book, you want to move on immediately to the next. I'm sad that there is only one more book to read at the moment. Cassandra Clare has two more books to write to complete the series. Fortunately, much like JK Rowling, she seems to know where she intends to go with the stories.

The stories follow the life of Clary Fray and how everything changes when she meets a certain boy, Jace Wayland. In meeting Jace, a chain of events is set in motion that will lead Clary to question everything she thought she knew about herself and the world around her. Jace, and the family that have taken him in, are Shadowhunters, a secret group of Demon fighters. The monsters humans think are merely fairy tales, are real. There are Demons, Vampires, Werewolves, Warlocks, and the Fey, or Fairies. Drawn into this world almost against her will, Clary must find her place among the Shadowhunters and aid them in their battle to save all of humanity.

I love these books and was excited to learn that they are currently casting for a movie based on the first book. The studio has only announced the casting of the two leads, but more should be released soon. Lily Collins, of the Blind Side, will play Clary. Jamie Campbell-Bower, of Sweeney Todd and the Twilight series, will play Jace. So far, it sounds alright, although I wished they'd picked Alex Pettyfer for Jace because as soon as I saw him in Beastly, I realized that's who I'd pictured. If you like supernatural, teen, romance/adventure books, The Mortal Instruments may be the series for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment