Saturday, September 21, 2019
Friday, September 20, 2019
- Perfecting the Pride – Join the filmmakers on their research trip to Africa as they immerse themselves in the real world of “The Lion King.” From the animals in the pride, to the smallest of insects and the grasslands in the savanna, experience the attention to detail that brought the film to life.
- Pride Lands Pedia —Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land and its inhabitants.
Blu-ray and Digital Bonus Features:
- The Journey to “The Lion King” –The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movieMore in Home
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos - “Never Too Late”, “Spirit”
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary – By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection - “Circle of Life”, “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”, “Be Prepared”, “Hakuna Matata” “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”, “Spirit”, “Never Too Late”
- Protect the Pride –Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.
Thursday, September 19, 2019
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
If you'd like to see more before Maleficent: Mistress of Evil arrives in theaters on October 18, a sneak peek is coming to Disney Parks. Starting on Sepember 27, guests can catch the clip at Walt Disney Presents in Hollywood Studios and Sunset Showcase Theater in the evenings at Disneyland. Guests aboard Disney Cruise Line and at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris will also be treated to a preview.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Here's the official synopsis from Disney:
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is a fantasy adventure that picks up several years after “Maleficent,” in which audiences learned of the events that hardened the heart of Disney’s most notorious villain and drove her to curse a baby Princess Aurora. The film continues to explore the complex relationship between the horned fairy and the soon to be Queen as they form new alliances and face new adversaries in their struggle to protect the moors and the magical creatures that reside within. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil arrives in theaters on October 18.
Monday, September 16, 2019
Disney has been giving Annual Passholders cute character magnets for several years now. They are a fun, free collectible that can often be found at the various EPCOT festivals. This year, Passholders can pick up a Chef Minnie magnet on their first visit to the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival.
But who can visit the Food and Wine Festival just once, right? There's so many foods to try that it definitely takes a few visits to try most of it. For the past few years, Disney has had an additional gift for Passholders who visit the festival multiple times. The gift has changed over the years: wine glasses, tumblers, and cheese boards to name a few. This year, Passholders will receive a set of coasters on their fourth visit. The set of four wooden coasters, complete with holder, feature a wood-burned Chef Minnie. They're rather fun and more usable than some of the previous gifts. So, if you're an Annual Passholder, be sure to pick them up.