Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2

Dreamworks
I took Bean to see Kung Fu Panda 2 today, and I have to say, this may be the rare case where the sequel is even better than the original. As Po would say, "It was AWESOME!!"

I loved the story and that they finally revealed Po's past, and that, shockingly, he's adopted. The Furious Five have truly become a team and work very well together. This time they must save all of China from an evil Peacock, voiced by Gary Oldman. All of the original cast appears to have returned, so the voices sound the same, which is great. The movie was at times hilarious and sad, serious and silly. I won't give any spoilers because it's well worth watching and you'll want to discover every moment for yourself.

All I can say is I really loved it. Bean asked me why we couldn't just take it home and watch it again, which she only does with movies she really likes. And keep an eye out during the opening credits. That's not the normal little boy on the moon that Dreamworks usually uses, it's Master Oogway from the first film, in a swirl of peach blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment