Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Monsters University Books

I love Disney movie books and they have created a plethora of new books for Monsters University. I got a chance to see several of them recently at my local book store. I must admit, I did buy two, but I stopped at two although there were many great new titles. Here are a few that I think are worth checking out.


Go Sulley! A Hugs Book
This book is so cute! It was created for little ones ages 2 - 5 years. It has soft, furry arms sticking out of the book. Each page tells kids what to do with them, from helping Sulley carry Mike to competing in the Scare Games. I'm sure the preschool set would love this book.


Monsters University Little Golden Book
I can never resist a Little Golden Book. They are so sweet and remind me of my own childhood, so I have quite a few. And I love the way they use simple images when illustrating a Pixar story. This book is no exception. The story of how Mike and Sulley met is told in the perfect manner for kids ages 2 - 5 years.

 
Monster University Fearbook
I love this book! It looks like a real yearbook, complete with notes from friends, class photos, sports, faculty, most likely to..., and more. This is Mike Wazowski's yearbook and all of the notes are personalized as if written by the actual characters in the movie. This would be a fun book to leave out on the coffee table. It would be sure to start a conversation!

 Monsters, Inc Storybook Collection
This book includes 17 different stories about our favorite monsters. The first story is a retelling of the new Monsters University movie. Some of the stories take place in the time between the two films. There is also a retelling of the Monsters, Inc movie. Recommended for children age 3 and up, this would be a great collection for reading as good night stories.


Monsters University Big Golden Book
This is a complete retelling of the new Monsters University film. So, now that I've read it, I know the whole story. I can't say that this ruins the movie for me (I read the Toy Story 3 Golden Book before it came to theaters, too) but if you want to be surprised at the theater, don't read this book first. That being said, this book is full of great pictures and does a wonderful job of telling the ups and downs of Mike and Sulley's friendship.

There are many other Monsters University books out there, but these were my favorites. Be sure to check them out. And if you want a great deal, try Sam's Club. I got the Monster University Fearbook for $8.26 which was $4.73 off the cover price. A pretty good deal if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment