Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Craving Pongu Lumpia? Try My Pongu Inspired Crepes!


One of my favorite things to eat at Disney World is the Pongu Lumpia from Pongu Pongu in Pandora: The World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom. I was really craving them this week, so I decided to try my hand at creating a version I could make at home. After a few tweaks, such as substituting crepes for the usual egg roll wrappers and baking them instead of frying, this is what I came up with and I love it. So if you're craving Pongu Lumpia, give this a try.

Pongu Lumpia Inspired Crepes

8 oz cream cheese
8 oz crushed pineapple, drain well before measuring
1/2 cup powdered sugar
8 crepes (I used a modified version of America's Test Kitchen's Gluten-Free Crepes but you can use any basic crepe recipe)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Soften cream cheese for 30-45 seconds at 50% power in the microwave. Stir pineapple and sugar into softened cream cheese. Divide into 8 equal portions, approximately 3 Tablespoons each. Spread onto crepes before rolling up. Bake for 10 minutes on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy warm. Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment