Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Teen Beach Movie 2

Disney Channel
Have you seen Teen Beach Movie? When it first debuted on the Disney Channel a few years ago,  I wasn't sure I would like it. I used to love the old Frankie and Annette beach movies, in part because they were so campy, but I didn't think it would work with modern kids. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the music and craziness of those old films was alive and well in Teen Beach Movie. It was funny and ridiculous, yet very cute. Bean absolutely loved it!

As a result, we knew we had to watch Teen Beach Movie 2 and see what happened when our favorite beach movie characters suddenly appeared in the real world. This movie was also funny and over the top, with lots of musical numbers. However,  it also explored what can happen when summer is over and a summer romance is faced with the complications of going back to school. I also liked the way Layla wanted to be something more than what was expected of her in the movie world.


Although sad at times, Bean and I loved the music of  Teen Beach Movie 2 just as much as the first one. If you missed it on the Disney Channel, be sure to check your local retailers because it's already available on DVD.  And for some behind the scenes magic and a chance to learn a few of The outrageous dance steps, visit the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment