Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

Quote of the Week

Disney
Thankful Heart

With a thankful heart,
With an endless joy,
With a growing family 
Every girl and boy
Will be nephew and niece to me,
Will bring love, hope, 
and peace to me,
Yes, and every night will end,
And every day will start
With a grateful prayer
And a thankful heart.

With an open smile,
And with open doors,
I will bid you welcome
What is mine is yours,
With a glass raised 
to toast your health,
And a promise to share the wealth,
I will sail a friendly course,
File a friendly chart,
On a sea of love
And a thankful heart. 

Life is like a journey, 
Who knows when it ends? 
Yes, and if you need to know 
The measure of a man, 
You simply count his friends. 
Stop and look around you, 
The glory that you see 
Is born again each day, 
Don't let it slip away, 
How precious life can be. 

With a thankful heart 
That is wide awake, 
I do make this promise 
Every breath I take 
Will be used now 
to sing your praise,
And beg you to share my days,
With a loving guarantee 
That even if we part, 
I will hold you close 
In a thankful heart.
I will hold you close
In a thankful heart.

- Paul Williams, 
A Muppet Christmas Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment