Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

This Little Women Trailer Is Beautiful

All images: Columbia
Little Women was one of my favorite books as a child. It's a classic story by Louisa May Alcott about the four March sisters and how they grew up in genteel poverty during the Civil War. The story, based on the lives of Louisa and her own sisters, is happy and sad, moving and entertaining, and still one of my favorite books, even though I haven't read it in ages.

The March Sisters: Beth, Jo, Meg, and Amy
I've seen several movie adaptations over the years and they've all been good in their own way, but this new one may be the best. For the first time, it looks like it won't just be Jo's story, but that of each of the March sisters: Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy. And director Greta Gerwig has assembled quite the cast.
  • Emma Watson as Meg
  • Saoirse Ronan as Jo
  • Eliza Scanlen as Beth
  • Florence Pugh as Amy
  • Timothee Chalamet as Laurie
  • Laura Linney as Marmee
  • Meryl Streep as Aunt March


I can't wait to see it, although I'm sure it'll make me cry. Little Women arrives in theaters on Christmas Day, December 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment