Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

I Love Yarn Day

Today is I Love Yarn Day, so I thought I'd share a few of my current projects with you. I am ridiculously fond of knitting dishcloths. I don't quite know why, but I really like making them. With Halloween coming up in a few weeks,  I've been knitting silly Halloween picture dishcloths. I've made a few candy corn from Lily Sugar and Cream, and a cute kitty and adorable Mickey jack o'lantern, both from One Crafty Mama. Next, I think I'll make a skull and crossbones dishcloth from A Little Backwards. All of the dishcloth patterns are available for free.


My other big projects at the moment are a pair of hedgehog mittens I recently made for my mom and a Gandalf scarf. I couldn't find a pattern that I liked for the mittens, so I designed my own. (I don't really like thick mittens, but all the patterns I found were for medium weight yarn. I designed mine to be made with sock weight yarn.) I based them on some traditional mittens with the cute little crocheted spines for added texture. I think they turned out quite well.


The Gandalf scarf is knit in linen stitch for a woven look. I ordered the yarn straight from Stansborough, the same company that provided the wool yarns used in the Lord of the Rings movies and the Hobbit movies. I chose the Kokako color, which is the natural grey of the sheep. I love how it's turning out. The yarn is gorgeous and the knit pattern is beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.


Well, that's what I've been knitting. What do you have on your needles? Do you crochet instead? Whatver yarn craft you enjoy, be sure to share it today. Happy I Love Yarn Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment