Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Indiana Jones 5

Lucasfilm
I was watching the Indiana Jones films this weekend and they got me thinking. I have always loved the character and have watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade hundreds of times. They have been two of my favorite films for years. I don't usually watch the Temple of Doom, mostly because of memories of the monkey brains scene from when I was a kid (it's not as gross as I'd remembered it, thank heavens!) I can't say that the last film, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was all that great, although I loved that they brought Marion back and introduced Mutt as Indy's son, it was the aliens that didn't quite work for me. But, thinking about all of these films made me realize that odd numbered Indiana Jones movies are fantastic, and even numbered ones are, well, just odd. It seems strange, but it does bode well for rumors of a fifth Indiana Jones movie. We'll just have to hope that the system holds true.

No comments:

Post a Comment