Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Knit Socks


Have you ever knit your own socks? It is a surprisingly gratifying experience. I have made over a dozen pairs in the past few years and am becoming quite good at it. I love finding new patterns and colors to play with. I'm also quite fond of naming my socks, based on their colors and designs. My most recent pair I've named Mount Doom. The colors reminded me of lava flowing over rock, so I chose a mountainy design to complement them. (The pattern is actually called Bifrost and is available for free on Knotions.com) I'm currently knitting a pair I think I'll call waves on the beach. The pattern is called Zigzags and is available for free on Ravelry. (Just make sure you download the corrected version.) One of my favorite pair I call Mardi Gras because of the green, gold, and purple stripes. I don't remember the name of the pattern, but I love the way it looks. So, are you ready to tackle your own sock knitting project?

No comments:

Post a Comment