Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Halloween Treats at Disney World

I was very excited to discover some new Halloween treats at Disney World recently. There were a few collectible popcorn buckets and drink cups that I was really hoping would be available. First up is a Nightmare Before Christmas popcorn bucket. It's Zero in his doghouse! And to make him even more special, Zero glows in the dark, and his nose lights up! I'm not sure if he's only available during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or not, but be on the lookout at popcorn carts around the Magic Kingdom.

The next cool container was inspired by the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It's a scary apple with a drippy skull. The cup is a translucent red, and the skull is white and glows in the dark. This lidded cup can be found across from Pecos Bill's in Adventureland. It comes filled with your choice of soft drink and costs $8. And you can ask for your soda without ice for an even better deal.

The final Treat is a regular Disney popcorn bucket with a lid. I saw it earlier in the day, but wasn't sure I wanted to carry it all day. It has the Lonesome Ghosts chasing Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. It's from one of my favorite Disney shorts, so I had to have it. Unfortunately, they close a lot of the popcorn carts early during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I tried three different carts before I finally found it at the cart next to Gaston's Tavern in Fantasyland. They had already cleaned up the popcorn and closed the register, but when I explained that I had run to the cart just to buy that specific bucket, a very sweet Cast Member gave me the empty bucket anyway. I was very greatful! As silly as it sounds, I adore those ridiculous popcorn buckets and actually have about a dozen. However, we plan to start using them during movie nights, so it's alright.

Although they aren't Halloween, I did want to mention that I found a few of the special Star Wars buckets at Hollywood Studios. They had both Vader's Helmet and the Han Solo in Carbonite from Star Wars Weekends. I found them at the popcorn cart across from Toy Story Midway Mania. You can get them filled with either regular popcorn or caramel popcorn. (All of the popcorn is now PopSecret brand, which is more consistent than the popcorn they used to use.)

No comments:

Post a Comment