Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Iron Man Lego


I don't know if you know this about me, but I am absolutely, totally, ridiculously addicted to Lego. I have loved them since I was a little girl. And like potato chips, I find that it's hard to just have one. I can never get enough!

It all started simply enough with a Lego Duplo farm. I then moved on to more complex toys, a Lego castle. In my early days, I just liked to assemble and disassemble them. When I got a little older, it became all about collecting and displaying my Legos. I have several Lego collections. I love the Star Wars Legos because they combine two of my favorite things. I have several sets, including Ewoks, Chewbacca in an AT-ST, and a few spaceships, like Darth Vader's Tie Fighter and Anakin's Podracer. Then there were the Harry Potter Legos. I got a bit carried away with these and nearly ended up with the whole of Hogwarts! I even took them to college with me and displayed them on top of my 5 foot long TV cabinet. It was a little crazy. More recently, I've started collecting the Pirates of the Caribbean Legos. I love Pirates of the Caribbean, so I just keep buying them. I like to buy the small sets when they first come out, but wait to buy the big ones. I have gotten some fantastic deals when mass market retailers clearance out their Legos!

For Christmas, I received a huge box of basic Legos for building anything. Then, I picked up two new Lord of the Rings and Hobbit sets. I have Bilbo and Gollum in Gollum's cave from the Hobbit and Frodo and Gandalf in the cart filled with fireworks from Lord of the Rings. I recently saw a new set with two Mirkwood elves, including Legolas, and two dwarves, Fili and Kili, that I may have to buy soon. It also has a big ugly spider, similar to the Aragog in the Dark Forest Lego from Harry Potter. But this one has better eyes! In addition to regular Lego sets, I also have Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean hard cases for my Nintendo DSi. I especially love the styluses with the Jack Sparrow or Obi Wan Kenobi minifigures on top. (Jack Sparrow is my favorite!) And the mystery minifigures are hilarious, too. I keep looking for a Medusa, but I haven't found one yet.

I've gotten Bean hooked on Lego too, much to my sister's chagrin. She loves to play with my sets, her Duplo Cars sets, and the new girlie sets called Lego Friends. She was really excited to be able to create a minifigure that looks like her and has recently started collecting the pets and their houses. She enjoys watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and was very excited to discover that they make a Lego version. She bought a set with her favorite turtle, Michelangelo, holding a pizza. And we love to play the Lego games. We always play them by Lego's rules the first time and then make up our own rules, usually to make it more difficult. And the Heroica games are a lot of fun, especially because you can link them all together to make one gigantic game.


Saturday, I came across a new Lego collection and I was immediately hooked. I found Avengers Lego! Squee!! I decided I could only buy one set for now (after all, eventually, you run out of display space!) I chose a set from Iron Man 3. The set includes Iron Man Tony Stark and the Mandarin. The Tony Stark minifigure is so cute! His faceplate even opens, just like Iron Man's! I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, but the Legos are awesome! Another set includes Captain America in his motorcycle battling aliens from Avengers. There's also a set with the Avenger's jet, Thor, Black Widow, Iron Man, an alien, and even Loki. The Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout set is hilarious because the Hulk minifigure is so much larger than the others, as it should be. You can also get a set with Tony Stark's Malibu mansion and Pepper Potts wearing the Iron Man suit. I guess I'll be saving my pennies to buy these new sets. And so my love affair with Lego continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment