Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room!

Disney
I have always loved the Tiki Room, even if it is rather silly. I loved it as a child and I wanted Bean to enjoy it too. We used to play the songs for her when she was a toddler, and she loved them. (We always sang along, too. The songs are so catchy, you just can't help it!) When we took Bean to Disney World a few years ago, we decided to go to the Tiki Room again. Boy were we disappointed! I missed hearing my favorite songs and I didn't care for Iago and Zazu running the show. It was just plain weird. 

However, I have good news for lovers of the classic Tiki Room... Disney is bringing it back! Beginning August 15, the Tiki Room will be back under the old management. They will employ modern technology for the audio and animatronic controls, as well as a new, energy efficient lighting system, but the songs will be the old classics. I can't wait to see it again and share the real Tiki Room with Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment