Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy Hobbit Day!

New Line Cinema
Every year, on September 22, fans around the world celebrate the shared birthday of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins. This year's celebration also marks the 80th anniversary of the Hobbit, which was first released on September 21, 1937.

There are many ways to celebrate. I've spent the week rewatching all of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings films. I still love them and discover something new everytime I watch them.


Today, I think it may be a good day to eat at least one Hobbit-y meal, though probably not as many as Merry and Pippin would. Hobbits sure do like to eat: Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, Supper. And its quite likely that the list goes on.


Perhaps I'll knit something from one of the many patterns the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings have inspired. I'm rather partial to the scarf with the wording from the One Ring in Elvish. How will you celebrate Hobbit Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment