Pages

Monday, February 27, 2017

Disney Wins at the Oscars

Photos courtesy of Disney
Disney films took home three Oscars last night. I've seen all three and really enjoyed each and every one.


In the Best Animated Feature category, Zootopia took home the top honor. Zootopia is a fantastic film with an underlying theme of tolerance and acceptance.


Piper, the short that can be seen with Finding Dory, won for Best Short Film, Animated. I absolutely adore this short. It's so sweet how she conquers her fear of the water.


Finally, the Jungle Book won for Best Visual Effects. The film is visually stunning and the animals all seem completely real, so I was glad to see it win. 

Although I knew it was unlikely to win (it was up against La La Land in one of its 14 nominations) I was rather hoping Moana's "How Far I'll Go" would win for Best Song. I would love to see Lin-Manuel Miranda win an Oscar so that he could create a new combination of prizes to aspire for. After all, he's already won an Emmy, Grammy, Tony, Pulitzer, and a MacArthur Fellowship. If he'd won the Oscar, he'd be the first MacPEGOT winner. Well, there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment