Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Lionsgate
I watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies yesterday, and was surprised to find that I loved it! I haven't read the book, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually quite brilliant.  I was amazed at how plausible it was to add zombies to a well-loved piece of classic literature. Without giving anything  away, I can tell you that they kept all the best parts of the original story: the Bennett sisters, Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, and even Pastor Collins and Lady Catherine. All of the relationship elements of the original are in this retelling, there just also happens to be a zombie plague.


I especially liked the costumes, which were an intriguing take on Regency dresses. (A long slit down the side of the skirt allowed for quick access to weapons hidden beneath without really changing the recognizable shape of the gown. Very clever!) I truly enjoyed the film and will definitely be adding it to my library once it's available on Blu-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment