Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Phineas and Ferb Star Wars

I've been a big fan of Star Wars since the beginning, but I'm not so serious about it that I can't enjoy a little good-natured parody by Phineas and Ferb. Bean and I have been waiting months to see their new Star Wars special. We always enjoy the crazy antics of Phineas and Ferb and this was no exception. We started laughing during the first minute and didn't stop for at least half the show. We loved all of the little injokes and references to all of the other Star Wars movies.

I have to say, some of the jokes were expected and some were out of left-field. While all of them made me laugh, I had a few favorites. I totally want a Perry the Platypus in carbonite. I have no idea what I would do with it, but I definitely need one. Ferb's hair as Darth Maul was just ridiculous and hilarious. And Doofenschmirtz as a Darth was both pathetic and funny.

Overall, we loved it. It was hilarious! A definite keeper. (We've actually watched it 3 more times since it debuted on Saturday, and I can't wait until it's available on DVD.) The songs are so catchy, Bean has been singing them for days! As she said during the credits, "That was the greatest movie of Phineas and Ferb history!"

Photo Credit: Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment