Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Breaking Dawn Part 2

So I finally got around to watching Breaking Dawn Part 2 and I have to say, I loved it! This was the best film in the series, by far: the makeup and lighting finally seemed to match the story. They started the film right where Part 1 left off, with Bella waking up as a vampire. The performances were definitely the best so far as everyone finally seemed to truly inhabit the characters they portrayed. And I loved seeing all of the "witness" vampires and their powers. The new characters had so little time in the books, but you came to know them better in the movie. It was great seeing all of the new vampires, but they left out most of the werewolf sub-story.

My only real complaint was about Renesmee. I know that they would have had trouble finding babies and children that looked enough alike to appear to be the same girl, but her face didn't always match up quite right. However, the girl they chose for the 7-10 year old Renesmee, Mackenzie Foy, was perfect. She looks enough like both Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to be believable as their child, and she really is a beautiful little girl, so it worked.

This movie had the best pace of the Twilight films. There was enough action to keep the story moving and the added scene at the end, written by Stephanie Meyer, was incredible. While all of the books are written from Bella's perspective for the most part, this movie seemed to show things from the viewpoint of other characters at times, which made the story flow better. I've watched this movie three times now, and it's still my favorite. I'm glad Breaking Dawn Part 2 was the final film, because it's always nice when a series goes out with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment