Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Star Tours

Well, its that time of year again... Star Wars Weekends. Every year, I say I'll go, but I never seem to make it. This year guests will have a chance to ride one of the last trips to Endor on Star Tours. The ride is scheduled to close July 27 at Disneyland and September 8 at Disney World. They are going to be "reimagining" the ride with a new 3-D experience taking guests to familiar places in the Star Wars universe. They're also hosting a special "Last tour to Endor" party on August 14 during "Star Wars Celebration V" at Disney World. As this is one of Bean's favorite rides, I am rather sad to see it change. Sometimes I think Disney gets carried away trying to keep up with the latest and greatest. However, if it lives up to the promise and becomes an immersive 3-D trip through the universe of Star Wars, it may be alright. I just hope they don't totally change the outside of the ride as well. I love the Ewok village and AT-AT that shoots water from it's guns. Also, every year when we go, we take a picture of Bean on the speeder parked outside. It's a fun way of seeing how much she's grown. Here's hoping that the new ride is as much fun as the current one!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you... Some things just should not be changed at WDW. I'm still not even sure how I feel about the Fantasyland expansion. I mean, how special is Cinderella castle going to be if there are two or three other castles right behind it??? I guess I will decide when it is finished! In the meantime, I'll just enjoy your blog! BTW, I LOVE your felt Disney World treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I feel about the Fantasyland expansion either. But, my niece really loves the Princesses, so maybe it will be alright. And thanks, I love making the Disney World Treats!

    ReplyDelete